Length: 4 – 6 pages (double spaced, MLA format)
Sources: 4 – 6 ( I have the source)
Wha t innovation and/or ethical/moral issue within your field is currently trending, and what is your argumentative position on this? MORE POTENTIAL QUESTIONS TO CONSIDER TO HELP YOU STRUCTURE YOUR RESEARCH AND OVERALL ESSA Y: • If it’s an innovation, who are some of the leaders/organizations who have founded it? What are some of the reasons, causes/effects of this innovation, etc.? What has this innovation already accomplished? What do you think about all this? • If it’s an ethical/moral issue, who has called attention to it and why? What is at stake , o r whom is being “harmed” and in what sense? What problems /solutions have emerged? What do you think about all this? In your research paper, make sure to do the following:
● Thoroughly explain any key concepts within your field for any unfamiliar yet educate d reader.
● Create an original and argumentative thesis that fulfills the “5 Qualities of a Strong Thesis,” and craft thoughtful claims (which will typically appear in the topic sentence of each of your composed paragraph s .)
● Employ a problem/solution and/or cause/effect structure. Explain the root causes/problems of your topic, and the consequences or results to show what is being done about it. Then, discuss your own logical conclusions and assertive reflections.
● You must conduct research and incorporate 4 – 6 credible sources ( at least 1 must be scholarly a.k.a. an academic source . . . the online “LUCI” tutori al assignment, which is worth 30 points, will help you with this). Your other sources can be anything from: e – books, regular books, Public Service Ann ouncements, n ews article sources (such as Associated Press , Reuters, The Guardian, etc.), TedTalks, organizations’ websites, etc. If you have any questions about the credibility of a source, you should check with me before using it in your essay.
● In your c onclusion , and elsewhere in your paper as appropriate, connect these concepts to your own experiences and identity and what you hope to accomplish when you get into your field . Consider discussing any pre – conceived notions you have had prior to doing your research . Also, c onsider real world application, and make speculations on what might be do ne, moving forward. Should people continue to strive to be innovative within the field? Or c an certain implemented (ethical) practices or strategies make a difference ? Ask yourself “big” questions when you begin the research, and try to answer them in your conclusion