Use photography to enhance your life stories . Use lighting, composition, depth, color, and
subject to bring news events, products, places, scientific breakthroughs, interesting people or
events into vivid focus.
EXPLAIN (800-1000 word expository essay with proper source attribution, APA style. Please
include cover, abstract, and works cited sections) :
1. Explain how the following elements and terms affect the quality of a picture:
○ Light—natural light/ambient, flash.
○ Exposure—aperture (f stops), shutter speed, depth of field.
○ Composition—rule of thirds, leading lines, framing, depth.
○ Angle of view.
○ Stopping action.
2. Explain the basic parts and operation of a digital SLR camera .
3. Explain how the image is recorded when you take a picture.
4. Explain how the image information is stored and retrieved .
5. Describe how image editing software allows you to make adjustments, enhancements,
additions, or subtractions to digital photograph after it is taken. How should these
abilities affect a person’s level of trust in the media?
1. Document a current activity or event with a photo essay (photos taken prior to this
assignment not allowed). Share your plan with the instructor and get his/her input and/or
approval before you proceed. Then, using your phone’s built-in capability, a generic
point and shoot, or a more sophisticated digital camera , shoot your photo essay. Review
the resulting images and select eight to twelve that best tell your story. Arrange the
images in order, then create a gallery on the internet-based photo service of your choice.
■ Google Photos
2. Choose a still-life item or setting that interests you (photos taken prior to this assignment
not allowed). Get your instructor’s input and/or approval, then photograph your setting.
Review the resulting images and select eight to twelve that best represent your chosen
item or setting. Arrange your images in order, then create a gallery in the internet-based
photo service of your choice.
Comments are closed.