One research paper is required for the course. It will be due by March 3 by midnight. You will choose ONE topic from the choices given below on which to write. The paper should be at least four pages typed, double-spaced and use a 12-point font. You must include at least three resources as evidence of your research in a bibliography. You may submit via Canvas when you have completed it.
1. Should the Parthenon marbles be returned to Greece? Develop a full analysis either for or against the return of these artifacts to Athens. (See “Who Owns the Art? The Elgin Marbles and the Euphronios Krater to get you started. This can be found in Chapter 5, Art and Its Context link in the discussion of the Parthenon)
2. Compare and contrast the construction, function and symbolism of pyramid structures from two different cultures.
3. Analyze the development of the imagery of Christ from the early Christian period through to the Byzantine period.
4. Examine the changing worldview of the Romanesque world to the Gothic period. How did this affect these sculptural representations?
5. Choose any three representations of important people that we have covered (rulers, emperors, kings, religious leaders) and compare how authority and power have been portrayed differently by different cultures or eras.
It is always a good idea to run your ideas by me before you get too far into your research and writing!!
Looking to shine with your essays this semester? Order a Similar 100% original Assignment and and Get 20% Discount! Use Code GET20