You are all to do the following:
A. Contact the person in your pair/group via Canvas or email. I will group everyone and notify you in an Announcement! If you get no response from your assigned partner, tell me ASAP! BE SURE TO USE MY CLASS GROUPINGS! ALL GROUP MEMBERS MUST SUBMIT A DOCUMENT WITH ALL GROUP MEMBERS’ NAMES ON IT AS A PDF! EACH PAIR/GROUP SHOULD SUBMIT THE SAME DOCUMENT.
Gather ideas with your partner, but also feel free to come up with your own ideas and present them to your partner.
B. You are required to do the following:
1. Read William Shakespeare’s play A Midsummer Night’s Dream.
2. Meet with your partner either in person or via Skype, FaceTime, etc.
3. Each pair should take a photo/selfie of the two of you together (or on Skype, FaceTime, etc.) holding a copy of the William Shakespeare play A Midsummer Night’s Dream. An electronic copy of the play on a device is fine.
4. Discuss the play. This requires that you have read the play and probably read about it as well. Each pair should tell me the following: a. What do you like about the play? b. Describe something strange, interesting or unique about the play that you discovered while reading it. Answer these with 2-3 sentences each.
5. Research/Google “theatrical concepts for plays” or “production concepts for theatre”. You’ll find many examples. DO NOT PLAGIARIZE (STEAL) concepts from past productions of any play. CREATE YOUR OWN BASIC CONCEPT IDEAS! I will discuss these in more detail soon and I will show some examples of concepts from various plays to help you. Here is a basic video description:
https://study.com/academy/lesson/concept-production-in-theater-definition-function-example.html (Links to an external site.) Links to an external site.
6. As a pair, create three original production concepts for the theatre – just a basic idea – and write a short three sentence description for each concept. All concepts require a time period and a specific location (For example: Central Park, New York in 1929 or a space station above Jupiter in the year 2217 or even inside the Matrix). BE CLEVER AND ORIGINAL! You will fill in the details once you decide on your one favorite of the three concepts your group creates. I am here to help, so ask me if you need it! YOU WILL USE ONE OF YOUR THREE CONCEPTS (YOUR FAVORITE) FOR THE FINAL/GROUP PROJECT! Everyone MUST submit the assignment here as a PDF.
7. Read and discuss my Group Project Description (it is in the Files tab).
8. You must complete this assignment by 11:59PM on Saturday, May 30. Your document must include the following: a. Your three basic theatrical concept ideas as a PDF attachment. b. Your pair photo noted in #3. c. Your brief answers to #4 (above).
THIS ASSIGNMENT WILL GREATLY HELP YOU PREPARE FOR THE GROUP PROJECT!
FAILURE TO DO THIS ASSIGNMENT ON TIME WILL RESULT IN THE LOSS OF 5 POINTS FROM YOUR GROUP PROJECT TOTAL. THIS IS PART OF YOUR PARTICIPATION GRADE!