Amazing Large Ensemble Music
(The flash mob and the Dudamel stuff – highly recommended!)
Gustavo Dudamel and the Teresa Carreño Youth Orchestra: El Sistema’s top youth orchestra | TED Talk (Links to an external site.)
(75) Johannes Brahms – Symphony No. 3 in F major (Full) – YouTube (Links to an external site.)
1. Provide 1-2 paragraphs describing the concert you attended and the music performed in formal, academic language.
2. Give TITLES of pieces/songs and GENRE or type of music played (jazz, baroque, opera, romantic, etc).
3. Give the HISTORY of the music played.
4. What instruments were played?
5. Write about the performers themselves: where are they from, what is their background, what do they play?
6. What is your own response to the performance and the music? Like it? Love it or Hate it? Why?
7. Write about the substance of the performance and the music and your response to it ONLY. (I don’t need to know what you had for dinner or how traffic was getting to the venue.)